Booster Member Meeting 11-10-2015

Monthly Member Meeting Minutes

Dobson High School – 1501 W Guadalupe Rd Room S2

November 10, 2015 – 6:30pm to 8:30pm

Time Topic Description Topic Leader
6:15pm
  • Assembly/meet & greet
Informal
6:30pm
  • Meeting Commencement / Introductions & Welcome New Attendees
  • Michelle motioned to start the meeting, Amanda was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 6:35pm
  • No new members today
Michelle Masters
6:35pm
  • Secretary’s Report
    • Review of prior meeting’s minutes – Amanda motioned to approve the minutes, Michelle was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed.
Amanda Jenkins
6:45pm
  • Coach’s Report
  • Coach is turning in the request for Hudl and Sarah received it
  • Michelle motioned to pay Hudl which is $1,599, Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • He stated the boys know that they need to bring their yard signs on Thursday at Highlight Night
  • Awards have been ordered for all levels, Coach would like the booster to speak and have a table set out to recruit new members. The boys will be wearing ties with shirts for this event.
  • Helmet color will be different next year as it will be chrome and would be about $10 more per helmet. Coach would like for helmet touch ups to be a part of the budget next year
George De La Torre
7:15pm
  • President’s Report
  • Michelle migrated her account to google apps and everyone else needs to get theirs done.
Michelle Masters
7:30pm
  • Treasurer’s Report
    • Review October Transaction reports and Bank Statement – Sarah motioned, Colleen was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
    • Savings account has $25
    • Checking account has $26,639.19, once all the items clear we will lad about $20,000 for the end of the year.  A couple checks need to be voted on and sent out today.
    • Concessions was right at $5,000, have to readjust some deposits because some spirit items may have been mixed in
Sarah Young
7:45pm
  • Fundraising VP’s Report
  • Concessions – Amanda is working on how much was sold per game compared to what we made. Amanda will kind of back figure out what was made to figure out how much was stolen.
  • Michelle and Scott are looking into getting the cages to prevent theft from happening again
  • Colleen has a check from Kona and will give to Sarah later
Colleen Reed
8:00pm
  • Special Events VP’s Report
    • Highlight Night – Coach will bring the projector for the highlight videos, we will sell media guides and decals also. Stella will be here at 5pm and whoever can come can come. Stella stated the player’s mentors will be there and the players will give their thank you letters to the mentors at that time.
  • Dairy Queen will be donating 6 decorated cakes
  • Stella’s husband was thinking about donating a balloon arc
  • Amanda gave Stella all the concession snacks and she will be putting together something together for the seniors with the leftover snacks
    • Award Night – is on 11/24 at 6:30pm in the Auditorium – all gifts will be given at Awards Night instead of Highlight Night.
    • Stella needs a check for Agape, Stella will email to Sarah
    • Stella needs a check for the Media Guides, Stella will email also
    • K&S which was the last polos that were ordered and when she gets the invoice she will submit that
    • Thank you cards where brought in for Michelle to write and then everyone will sign
Stella Garibo
8:15pm
  • Team Meals
  • Olive Garden with donating meals gave a pass that will give discounts to use online and Donna has them.
  • We have 20 banners on the fence with a total of $3,830 in donated money for the banner along with the ones that donated over $500 in team meals. Michelle will be doing thank you gifts for these business. Kim suggested that the highlight videos have a thank you slide with a thank you slide with logos and send a copy of the video to the sponsors.
  • Team Meals we are missing Olive Garden and Outback and so far we have $8,123 in donated team meals
  • Outback Dinner, we sold about 50 and still have about 150 to sell. Amanda will send an email out about this dinner
Angela Almanza
8:45pm
  • Vote for Board Positions – Amanda won President, Kim won Special Events, Fundraising will be Angela and Susan, Treasurer will be Chris Peacock, and Secretary will be Corie. Those in current positions will be helping and setting up the new members
  • Meeting Adjournment – Michelle motioned, Amanda/Stella was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 7:59pm
Michelle Masters