Dobson High School’s Fall Sports Senior Night Ceremony will be held October 23rd on the football field prior to kickoff of the game. For this event, DHS Seniors participating in Fall sports and their parents/guardians have been invited to gather on the field and be introduced to the crowd in processional format (similar to graduation). Formal or casual apparel is appropriate and a photographer will be present and capture each Senior/parent photo as they are announced.
For this event, families are permitted to create a poster for their student-athlete and hang the poster on the chain link fence facing the field. Dobson Football Booster Club volunteers will be on the field at 5pm to provide zip ties and provide direction for hanging the posters. Posters should be no larger than standard poster board, can include pictures and other decorations. An Internet search for “Senior Night Poster” can provide you with design ideas. Please plan to collect your poster after the game (or remove it before the game begins).
The following Senior Night ceremony schedule has been provided by the school. Please plan to be on the field from about 5:15pm to 6:30pm.
- 5:15pm – Arrive with your senior’s poster to be hung on the fencing facing/adjacent to the track. Football boosters will be present to assist.
- 5:30pm – Photos taken of each athlete with their parents/guardians for Football, Cheer, Trainers, and Band. Be on the football field at this time. Your player will be released from the locker room to join you.
- 6:20pm – Announcement processional of athletes with parents/guardians for Football, Cheer, and Trainers (Band at half time). Each group lines up in alphabetical order by student’s last name. Players are to immediately return to their team for preparation before kickoff at 7pm.
- 6:30pm – Announcement processional of athletes with parents/guardians and photos taken at this time for ROTC, Badminton, Cross Country, Golf, and Swim. Each group lines up in alphabetical order by student’s last name.
- Lou Coopey Photography will be taking the photos and 1 copy will be distributed by the school at a later date. For additional copies, visit Mrs. Koch for the order form.
For questions about Senior Posters, please email our VP of Special Events, Stella Garibo, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any other questions about this event, please contact Mrs. Donna Koch by phone at 480-472-3054 or email at email@example.com.