Booster Member Meeting 11-10-2014

Draft Submitted 11-11-2014

Vote to approve 12-9-2014


DFBC Meeting Minutes

November 10, 2014 at 6:30pm

President: Sarah Young                                                 1st Vice President: Julie Erickson

2nd Co-Vice President: Michelle Masters                        2nd Co-Vice President: Kelly Stout

Treasurer: Lance Blessing                                             Secretary: Amanda Jenkins

Member Chair: Marissa Smith                                       Class Rep-Sophomores: Lindsey Blessing

Motion to start the meeting: Julie motioned, Lance was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 6:46pm

  1. Recognize new Members and reminder of voting privilege after two (2) consecutive meetings, including via Attendance by Proxy per By-Laws (Time: 5 minutes)

2. Meeting Minutes and Financials review (vote at end of meeting): (Time: 1 minute introduction)

  • October 2014 Financials vote –  hard copy for Member review

3. Treasurer: (Time: 5 minutes)

  • Lance Blessing – Financial update: at about $12,000, we still need to vote on Hudl, need to still need to pay the media guides.  He recommends going to True West instead of Bank of America so that we can earn interest.
  • Lance Blessing – status of 501(c)3 – Waiting for it to come in the mail, Michelle says it was mailed, have not checked mail yet

4. Comings and Goings: (Time: 2 minutes)

  • We need more members/volunteers – Kelly got ahold of everyone but 2 people for senior night

5. Fundraising: (Time: 10 minutes)

  • Monthly Sponsor Meals:
  • EVS apparel andwebsite – status
  • Goodwill – Kelly Stout November 8th – $960 for almost 10,000lbs
  • Papa Johns – anyone in Arizona can use the code to get 40% off their online order and the football team gets back 10% back – Angela spoke with them and money will be in 3 installments and she has not heard back yet on when that will be,
  • Luv My Bling – Julie says the check is written and may be able to pick it up it is for around $150
  • La Famiglia – have not received anything from them yet

6. Other Business (Time: 10 minutes)

    • Sponsor Plaque – Coach has the cut helmet and gave to Lance to mount it
    • Team Meals – Angela – we need to get from Angela and it was pushing $8,000 in food donation, we will be giving them a media guide and pen, if they donated more meals they will get a team picture, Lindsey suggested maybe asking what size they want and Kelly will give them the option
      • Picture frame vote – $100 motioned by Kelly, 2nd by Julie, all in favor, none opposed
    • Spirit Boutique Trailer –trying to get it out, probably has to come during the day to get it out since it is locked.  Kelly will call Todd to see if he will move it


  • Football Media Guide –  Julie still needs to get the media guides out of the concession stand and we still need to sell them at awards night and highlight night
  • Highlight DVD / Agape Filming – Only paying for Varsity


  1. Coach (Time: 15 minutes)
  • Wants to do 2 fundraisers in the spring, cow pluck and 7 on 7
  • Awards Night – Thursday, 11/13/14 at 6, wants email sent out for the awards night, boys need to wear shirt with tie, there are lots of awards to give out that night

8. New Business (Time: 10 minutes)

  • NBCTC renewal – received the invoice, will check into this more and see, we don’t have login information, Sarah will send an email and try calling, Sarah will call Helen since she has not heard from anyone else, she will try to get the fee reduced or credited since we didn’t get anything from last year
  • Relations Policy – Michelle will have to get back on this form, everyone should look at it
  • Highlight Night – Wednesday November 19th at 6:00, 7:00 and 8:00, cakes donated by Dairy Queen, Kelly takes care of the coffee, we will also have hot chocolate and water – Varsity from Agape,
  • Board Position Voting – President: Michelle Masters with 12 votes, Special Events VP: Stella Garibo with 12 votes, Fundraising VP: Colleen Reed with 12 votes, Treasurer: Sarah Young with 12 votes, Secretary: Amanda Jenkins with 12 votes, Varsity Rep: Kelly Stout with 12 votes, Member at Large: Angela Almanza with 12 votes
  • September meeting minutes – Lance motioned, Marissa was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed
  • October meeting minutes – Theresa motioned, Julie was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed
  • October 2014 Financials vote : Marissa motioned, Kelly was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed –
  • Hudl invoice is $1,599, Sarah motioned, Michelle 2nd, all in favor and none opposed
  • Media Guide invoice is $1,270.07, Julie motioned, Lance was 2nd all in favor and none opposed
  • Coaches gift, Kniesel and Wells will get a 8×10 and have the boys sign, for Varsity it will pictures for the coaches and have the boys sign at award night, Julie will ask Donna about setting up a table for this
  • Picture frames for coaches and seniors, 28 – 8×10 frames and 1 – 16×20,
    • Vote for $150 player frames – Michelle motioned, Kelly was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed,
    • Vote for $150 for coach’s frames – Julie motioned, Theresa was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed
  • Shirts for Donna and Dr. Perkins – Donna will get a picture of her, her husband and son along with a media guide and pen, Dr. Perkins – media guide and a pen with a personal note
  • Pens – 100 pens for $72 – vote for $80 Sarah motioned and Michelle was 2nd, all in favor, none opposed
  • Band has asked to participate in their food festival on Dec 6th, they are offering us to sell tickets and we can get money for participating in ticket sells – Michelle will let them know that we will participate, Angela for sure will be there
  • Manuel’s – hold off until next year for a fundraiser
  • 2 stadium chair backs in the concession stand, Lance will put them in with the shirts since we may have sold chairs without the backs
  • Julie is looking into getting the wraps for the weight benches, she will let us know how much it will be and let Kelly know to check with someone as well
  • Yard Sign returning we will have them return at Award night and highlight night
  1. Old Business: (Time: 1 minute)
  • Storage Room – Lance will measure the floor and Kelly will try to get donations
  • Dilly’s Deli – update Michelle called and the manager was not there when she called so she does not know how we did at that time.
  • Ho Ho Kam Foundation – Lance received the check for $2,000 and already deposited
  • Costco – We have paper that was donated, a couple containers of Gatorade and Lance said we still have gift cards
  • Coach/Sponsor/Senior Recognition
  • Audit Service from parent leader training – Michelle and Angela went to the meeting, Michelle went over the forms and her notes that were emailed to everyone
  • Check signatures – must have 2 signatures at all times, next year we need to order new checks with 2 signatures, gift and grant account that we have control of and we authorize checks out of it, they also have a leverage account like buying a laptop for the booster club
  • Mailbox – Need everyone on executive board to take IDs down to Post Office – Lance says we have to wait until the box expires before it can be closed and reopened, expires like May time frame – to add we just need a photo copy of ID

Motion to close the meeting: Michelle motioned, Kelly was 2nd, all in favor and none opposed at 8:01pm

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *