Golf Tournament Planning Meeting Minutes 5-7-2014
Each person’s name is colored blue to indicate your action items.
Sarah Young, Theresa Blancas, Julie Erickson, Lindsey Blessing, Michelle Masters, Martin Reyes, Amy Reyes
- Michelle presented to offers we received:
- Gateway Golf Group (www.gatewaygolfgroup.com) – Pros at the tournament to generate more income. Touring golf pros to interact with the golfers and offer contests at $5 per golfer. DFBC receives 50% of the proceeds. They also include incentives like Golfsmith gift cards, free merchandise, etc. Note: AC at Kokopelli said Dixon might do something like this; Michelle is checking and will request Gateway to participate if Dixon isn’t.
- Steiner Sports (www.steinersports.com) – Consignment products for silent auction. We take items out on consignment, we’re not invoiced unless the item is sold. Anything above their invoice prices is our profit to keep. Michelle will ask for sample prices. Also need to ask if the vendor rep (Jacqueline Dumas) is related to Coach Dumas (DHS Girls Varsity Basketball).
- Review of Donations:
- Raffle/Auction items:
- Items we have secured: $50 Macaroni Grill giftcard, $50 True Food giftcard, $100 Native New Yorker, giftcard, Wine gift basket, Luv My Bling gift basket, Dave & Busters gift basket, Village Inn Pie, 2 Arizona Cardinals Tickets, product from Warrior Custom Golf.
- Martin – Call golf courses for tee discounts and golf stores for donations. Check on Dbacks donation(s). Check on possibility of tickets, bobble heads, etc.
- Michelle – email Warrior Custom Golf to have product sent by month end.
- Lindsey – Ask Trader Joe’s for a donated item(s).
- Julie – Follow up on Wine Tasting certificate
- Theresa – Email parents asking them to look for donations/sponsors.
- Goodie bags
- 150+ coupons for goodie bags (from Dave & Busters)
- Martin – Ask the PGA Store for goodie bags donation.
- Michelle – Follow up with Famous Daves for coupon donations. Find discounted golf balls or tees if PGA Store doesn’t include with bag donations.
- Food we’ve secured: 50+ Muffins-Mimi’s Café, 148 Dilly Bars-Dairy Queen
- Sarah – Ask Dori’s Bakery for food donation.
- Julie – Check on getting coffee from with Starbucks @ Dobson/Guadalupe or Duncan Donuts @ Alma School/Baseline.
- Michelle – Ask Mimi’s what other items they can provide for breakfast or lunch. Check w/Tom’s BBQ. Possibly setup luncheon as “A Taste of Dobson” with various items from local restaurants – Use of restaurants that donated for last year’s field dedication? See Sarah Meraz for list of restaurants. Follow up with Son of a Fish for On-Course Beverage sponsorship. Follow up with Fresh & Easy for water.
- Events, Entertainment, Etc.
- Michelle – Check on PA system w/Kokopelli. If not, ask the AV dept at DHS. Ask Coach De La Torre to ask Bruce Arians if he can send a player or cheerleaders to the tournament and/or luncheon. Research and engage Rattler’s owner (Bochy?) who is a Dobson Alumni. Check with Linda Murphy for Dobson banners.
- Communications & Marketing
- Michelle – Draft and send to Theresa an email to the DHS Clubs extending offer to promote their club by donating an item for the raffle or auction
- Theresa – Send email to DHS Clubs. Ask Donna to copy golf email & flyer and put in all mailboxes. Email parents asking them to help promote the event.
- Everyone – Please promote the tournament to coworkers, family, etc. If you think of a merchant for donations or sponsorship, try to get it and let us know what you get. Flyer, registration info, sponsor options, etc. are at www.DobsonFootball.com/golf. Share the Event with your friends/family on Facebook (see https://www.facebook.com/dobsonfootballboosterclub/events).
- Volunteer Needs
- Estimating 25-30 volunteers are needed over course of the event (5am-2pm)
- Michelle – Type up list of tasks from prior year tournaments and send to team. Setup an online Volunteer form and send link to Theresa to email to parents.
- Theresa – Email Parents asking them to volunteer a few hours to the event.
- Raffle/Auction items: