August 12, 2013 Booster Club Meeting Minutes

Dobson Football Booster Club

Meeting Minutes

August 12, 2013

Meeting Location: DHS Football Coach’s Office

President: Susan Hernandez

 1st Vice President: Julie Erickson

2nd Co-Vice President: Kristina Cormier

2nd Co-Vice President: Sarah Meraz

Treasurer: Sarah Young

Secretary: Theresa Blancas

Member at Large: Michelle Masters

Member Chair: Marissa Smith

Meeting attendees:

Sarah Meraz, Kristina Cormier, Sarah Young, Susan Hernandez, Michelle Masters, Kim Gidley, Julie Erickson, Michelle Outie, Theresa Blancas, Coach De La Torre, David Cormier, Nicole Masson, Marissa Smith, Mark Erickson, Jerry Hernandez, Jana Leineweber, Lance Blessing, Lindsay Blessing, Dawn Masterson, Kelly Stout, Adrian Trice. Attended by Proxy: Gricelda Medina.

Call to Order:

Susan Hernandez called the meeting to order for the Dobson High School Football Booster Club at 6:32 pm, Monday, July 8, 2013.

Motion to start the meeting: Kristina Cormier

Second: Julie Erickson

All in favor: Yes

Opposed: None

Introduction of New Members:

Susan recognized new Members and reminded them of voting privilege after two (2) consecutive meetings, including via Attendance by Proxy per DFBC By-Laws.

Meeting Minutes and Financial Vote:

July 2013 Financials and July 2013 Minutes vote will be taken at the end of the General meeting to give Members an opportunity to review the printed copies being passed around the room.

  • Business Agenda:

    • Sarah Young – status of debit/credit card mobile swipe and new account for corresponding new EIN – On hold until after 501(3)C is complete.

    • Sarah Young – status of $1,300.00+ invoice balance (half) due for endzone camera by 8/1. $932.00 balance, signed today, mailed tomorrow.

    • Sarah Young – Graduation Water Sales split payment to Football Program for Player. $1032.00 to program

    • Sarah Young – status of Coach’s request regarding a slideshow on our Website homepage. – Michelle Masters only 6 rotating, em to Rob/webmaster question.

    • Social Networking update – twitter/fb/website – pix, info from coach & booster club

    • Golf Tourney wrap-up (almost post-60 days) – A/R, A/P, Debriefing by Sarah Young and Sarah Meraz – $4380 cleared but still DQ & Dental ck sponsors. Still better than pat , next year better. this yr TRIPLE/QUAD attendance EVER!!!! Auction better. Next year be sure to look for gift cards/etc for raffle. or big tix items for silent auction EARLY.

    • Mark Erickson – status of Hohokam Foundation — SURPRISE — turned into committee, will contact recipients during Aug, multiple grants, but do not call for status. Recommends:  FOCUS ON THIS AS #1 REVENUE GENERATOR FOR FUTURE.

    • Mark Erickson – status of 501(3)C folder review and direction:

      • FOLDER W/PRESENTATION / APPLICATION TO EXEC BD – Sarah Young will scan

      • 27 mo process – conflict of interest policy adopted + APPLICATION + $850 THEN can start ACTING like 501(3)C.

      • once confirmation from 1023 form from IRS THEN bank for new acct/cks/card for NEW EIN.

      • Theresa Blancas will review and note recommendations of changes in Bylaws to be consistent with description of Executive Board versus Full Board. Discussion and vote during general meeting is required.

      • Conflict of Interest Policy discussion and vote, as required by 501(3)C application – Theresa Blancas- to prevent members that take advantage of position of power to gain monetarily otherwise contest our 501(3)C status. Presented to group. Protects group.

        • Motion Michelle Masters

        • 2nd Nicole Masson

        • none opposed – PASSED

      • Julie Erickson — Insurance quotes update for Business Owner’s Policy (aka BOP) – liability insurance.  approx $1K from couple of companies. Email to Red Mountain President Eulate, they do not have that type of insurance, mainly due to their cks and balances, transparency, don’t need it. Mark Erickson – Rd Mtn taking risk but willing to assume the risk & assume other location will pay. Mark Erickson recommending we spend the money to cover ourselves. Michelle Masters has additional info for Julie Erickson, who will follow up.

  • Coach:

    • Camp follow up, including scholarship status – scholarship 1 we need to Follow up to see if $ still needed but great that only ONE had need cuz families/communities covered.

      • letter from camp we were best they served. not one problem. so pleased want us back, wished others modeled after our kids.

      • Stokes – fb prgm pays for fam activity pass, BC sponsorship ad. Sarah Meraz Follow Up.

    • Equipment distribution follow up.

      • lots of fun

      • 16 helmets from District – lost to attrition. Varsity in best equipment. Few w/o helmets but only because new walk-ons. about 163 kids total all 3 levels.

      • 66 freshmen (10 more than last yr)

    • Important dates:

      • Blue/Silver Scrimmage 08/16/2013 – 5:15pm done by 7pm NO LIGHTS

        • Location? – RJHS – bleachers for parents.

        • Team Meal? – yes – grilling burgers/dogs – may need more burgers. Our SMALLER COKE FRIDGE BROKEN – TRASH ALL CONDIMENTS, CANDY BARS, DANISHES. DON’T KNOW RE BROKE OR BREAKER/PLUG – Coach will check w/

          • Sarah Meraz – contact Coke re replacement

          • MEET IN DAY ck w/Ray Perkins re access

        • Concessions – Susan Hernandez will ask RJHS/MALL re concessions otherwise tent. All $ is ours. + apparel

        • Paint Concession Stand tables – SATURDAY?

        • Yard Sign inventory/touchups/distribution with signatures? – THIS SATURDAY – VOLUNTEERS – paint/brushes provided.

          • 119 frosh – small football

          • 62 jv – larger football

          • 29 vars – 21 old (helmets), 8 new (mustangs – original then helmets but last 2 yrs mustangs)

          • distributed first home game last yr.

          • previous yrs BC put Varsity in their lawns as surprise. JV & Frosh pick up their signs.

          • 142 stakes now

      • Scrimmage 08/21/2013

        • Away v Horizon AT Shadow Mountain

        • Team Meal? – Fry’s chicken, sides. 2:30pm 6th period.

        • 6pm scrimmage

        • have plenty of gatorade on hand – Alex has it. for Team Meals.

        • cases of water – not sure qty. Still need to pick up August Fry’s Water Cases. 20 cases donated monthly.

        • XXX suggests Walmart Warner & Alma School – talk to manager for more water donations

      • First game status 08/30/2013

        • Home game – field & scoreboard dedication – STILL 30TH. IF FIELD DESTROYED THEY WILL FIX IT. – CONTRACTOR’S AGREEMENT W/DISTRICT OFFICE.

        • Reception – funding (Football Program, Booster Club, Athletic Dept, or combination) –

          • Sarah Meraz heading up reception.

          • Susan Hernandez asking StuCo to decorate balloons fence/stadium.

          • 1 or 2 bd members

          • mayor

          • NFL reps from NY

          • Card ownership Michael Bidwell

          • Nicole says to SM talk to FFA – they do decorations for prom/homecoming & banquet, fresh flowers/centerpieces – MORE THE MERRIER. Nicole will Follow UP w/FFA then

          • location in Tannenbaum’s room – invitation only

        • Assembly – coach – as DHS not for 1st game, all school assembly introducing fall teams

        • Julie Erickson – Powerade – will Follow Up but playing tag

      • Football Pictures Saturday, 08/17/2013

        • Black shirts w/ blue ties for SENIORS ONLY, provided by DFBC for Picture Day only – Julie Erickson picked up couple of shirts, several sizes. Need 3X

        • Senior background – background for mug shot by Lou Coupy will do BOTH senior and mug shot

        • Volunteers needed

        • Coach DLT’s request for purchase of polos with embroidered logo for Coaching Staff for Picture Day – vote required

        • coach – uniforms on Thur & Fri – boys aware.

        • 8am VARSITY PRACTICE AFTER PICTURES. Done about 10am. Varsity players will be available to help w/signs 10am.

        • PACKETS TO BE HANDED OUT BY COACH TO PLAYERS TOMORROW.

        • LOCATION? – asphalt by track for CAR

        • FUP WITH RAY RE NEED GATES OPEN SATURDAY FOR PICTURES

        • CALL LOU COUPY TO DO GET STADIUM BLEACHER BACKGROUND – Susan Hernandez will Follow Up.

        • mug shots will go to DFBC

        • Susan Hernandez asked Coach to ask SR for SR bios. DEADLINE FRI 8/16.

        • CLEATS!!! but only on once at staging area on track

  • TEAM MEALS – NICOLE MASSON

    • all pregame meals covered by varsity & jv, Saturday bkfst done, need help SERVING assignments. Freshmen tend themselves, group of parents via email, couple trying to secure meals, only couple done now, 10 parents working on it now,

    • NEED GENERAL EMAIL RE TEAM MEAL SERVERS

    • logos on all of our rosters w/sponsors, border on all, she has a list.

    • LOGOS NEEDED ALSO FOR PROGRAM ADS & ANNOUNCEMENTS.

    • Thurs grilling for Varsity to stay & support JV home games

MEDIA GUIDE

  • SPIRIT BOXES == MEDIA GUIDE == SHARE WITH BAND/CHEER/ALL FALL SPORTS $20 EACH OR $25 FOR PICTURE YOU PROVIDE – ELECTRONIC

  • NEED FALL SPORTS PIX FOR MEDIA GUIDE

  • Susan Hernandez broke down media guide to share, need team to help

  • Susan Hernandez will do band cuz band parent

  • call old company ads – continue? if not, then DROP. if so, then collect & obtain logo.

  • Sarah Meraz says Matt has ads saved at District

  • Sarah Meraz has contact that will volunteer as final eyeball cuz did it previously

  • Sarah Meraz walked thru prgm w/ explanation

  • NEXT MON  DEADLINE – HERE 6:30PM 8/19

  • to Matt at MPS mocked up & drafted ASAP

  • couple of days for printing

  • THERE IS A LETTER SPECIFIC TO PROGRAM

    • TRB WILL EMAIL TO PPL WHO HELPS – UPGRADE LETTER W/NEW EIN FOR TAX EXEMPT

    • Dave Cormier – Tom’s BBQ

    • Kelly Stout – In-n-Out

    • Adrian Trice – cover options

    • Sarah Meraz – Greater Phx

    • Michelle Masters – Old Chicago

    • Fresh & Easy – usually donate water but NOT – Kelly Stout

    • Pizza Hut – Elliot & Alma School plus Country Club &  – Michelle Masters

    • Richardson – Sarah Meraz

    • McDonald’s  – if donated ice for team meals then free ad – Sarah Meraz

    • East Valley Sports – Susan Hernandez

    • Olive Garden – JE

    • Brunswick – Susan Hernandez via Dr Perkins

    • Native NY’r – Susan Hernandez

    • National Guard (no sign until paid) 480-751-9491 – Theresa Blancas

RECEIPT = BUILD LIFTING PLATFORMS FOR COACH – vote to reimb $118.29 – JERRY HERNANDEZ

    Kristina Comiar – motion

    Coach – 2nd

    PASSED

  • Other Business:

    • Yard Signs – Susan Hernandez set date for inventory then play for making additional signs

    • East Valley Sports – Susan Hernandez – status of East Valley Sports and Executive Board meeting, along with Coach, to decide what we will offer via EVS website and finalizing the contract  – Susan Hernandez THIS WEEK

  • Fundraisers –

    • Julie Erickson – Luv My Bling in-store fundraiser follow up. WILL BE HERE 8/30 – ANYTIME IN STORE & MENTION DHS & WILL DONATE %

    • Julie Erickson – Team posters follow up. OBTAINING MORE PRICING CUZ DISTRICT EXPENSIVE.

    • Susan Hernandez – status of Fry’s water and meal donations per Lisa Fenstermaker. – Susan Hernandez OR FAMILY MEMBER PICKS UP MONTHLY.

    • Julie Erickson – status of potential for DHS Art Club for face painting at Home Games, via Coach Wells.  – Follow Up NOW AFTER SCHOOL STARTED, WELLS WILL TALK TO STUDENTS THEN Julie Erickson. Julie Erickson WILL Follow Up THIS WEEK.

    • Fall Carnival – discuss possible dates or possible Spring dates.TABLED

  • New Business:

    • Varsity Locker Room Project

      • chairs

      • mats – add 6” to width. Susan Hernandez will requote.

      • motivating for underclassmen, privilege

      • TRB – follow up with Crystal Hughes

      • Pix before & after

      • Coach – football program will help $

  • Meeting Minutes and Financials vote

    • July Meeting Minutes vote – hard copy for Member review

      • Motion: Julie Erickson

      • Second: Sarah Young

      • All in Favor: Yes

      • Opposed: None

    • July Financials vote –  hard copy for Member review

      • Motion: Marissa Smith

      • Second: Michelle Masters

      • All in Favor: Yes

      • Opposed: None

  • Motion to close the meeting

    • Motion: Sarah Young

    • Second: Adrian Trice

    • All in Favor: Yes

    • Opposed: None

    • MEETING CLOSED 8:31PM.

Start a Conversation

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *