Dobson Football Booster Club
Executive Board Meeting Minutes
July 27, 2013
Meeting Location: Julie and Mark Erickson’s home
President: Susan Hernandez 1st Vice President: Julie Erickson
2nd Co-Vice President: Kristina Cormier 2nd Co-Vice President: Sarah Meraz
Treasurer: Sarah Young Secretary: Theresa Blancas
Susan Hernandez, Sarah Young, Julie Erickson, Kristina Cormier, Theresa Blancas, and Mark Erickson (CPA completing our 501(3)C application).
Call to Order:
Susan Hernandez called this special meeting to order regarding our application for 501(3)C for the Dobson High School Football Booster Club Executive Board at 1:45pm on Saturday, July 27, 2013.
Motion to start the meeting: Kristina Cormier
Seconded: Sarah Young
All in favor: Yes
– Mark Erickson lead the meeting, opening with discussion regarding adopting an appropriate Conflict of Interest Policy, which is recommended for our application for 501(3)C. Per DFBC Bylaws the Policy must be voted upon by the general membership. Our goal of completion and vote is Monday, August 5, 2013, in order to have the vote as an Agenda item and vote during our next general meeting, which is Monday, August 5, 2013.
Mark Erickson provided a Conflict of Interest Policy sample for adoption. We reviewed, discussed, and decided on each Article point. Theresa Blancas will compile and type the final Conflict of Interest document, according to our discussion, and email it to Mark Erickson, per his request. The following are our decisions in comparison to the sample provided:
Article I – accepted in its entirety, substituting DFBC.
Article II – accepted in its entirety.
Article III – accepted in its entirety.
Article IV – accepted in its entirety.
Article V – does not apply – drop from our final Policy.
Article VI – accepted in its entirety.
Article VII – accepted in its entirety.
Article VIII – accepted in its entirety, with italic emphasis on “but need not.”
– Mark Erickson requested a good hard copy of DFBC Bylaws. Theresa Blancas will print and provide at the conclusion of this meeting.
– Mark Erickson then lead discussion regarding Insurance for DFBC. He recommends 2-3 quotes for BOP – Business Owner’s Policy. As an example he said Auto Owner’s Insurance provides a $1 million BOP for approximately $54.00 monthly.
Susan Hernandez is familiar with an insurance company from her work as PTA President and will obtain a quote.
Julie Erickson will lead this project and will also obtain at least one (1) other BOP quote. All quotes will be compiled and presented for discussion and vote within the next 60-90 days, per Mark Erickson’s recommendation.
– Mark Erickson then lead discussion regarding documents he provided the Full DFBC Board for completion regarding individual roles and responsibilities. He said this exercise was mostly self-serving, in order for us to see how much work we actually do. Mark recommends this exercise be completed yearly, plus the information may be used to adjust descriptions in our Bylaws and help to regularly document roles and responsibilities, especially miscellaneous projects, in order to ensure better consistency. Theresa Blancas will collect completed document from Sarah Meraz, as hers was the only roles and responsibility forms missing.
– Mark Erickson then discussed the document packet titled “Past, Present, & Planned Activities.” Each Board Member had the opportunity to complete a packet, listing activities. Mark asked Theresa to consolidate the information into one paragraph and email it to him, with the Conflict of Interest Policy.
– Mark Erickson informed us that he was waiting on Coach De La Torre’s Wish List Budget to include with the application. He requested assistance from Theresa Blancas in obtaining the information in a timely manner from Coach DLT.
– Mark Erickson suggested that our Executive Board meetings be spaced further away from our General Meeting times, whether another day or earlier, in order to avoid interruption. Discussion concluded in the decision to have Theresa Blancas send an email to Executive Board Members to see who is able to regularly attend Executive Board meetings at 5:30pm-6:15pm, with a possible location change. Potential locations included Native New Yorker. If there is a location change we would have to end promptly in order to arrive to the General meeting on time, at 6:30pm. The meeting time change would begin for our next meeting, Monday, August 5, 2013.
Next Executive Board Meeting:
August 5, 2013 at 6:00 pm at DHS Coach’s Office.
Theresa Blancas will review and note recommendations of changes in Bylaws. Discussion and vote during general meeting is required.
Agenda item for Monday, August 5, 2013 general meeting – vote to adopt changes in Bylaws to be consistent with description of Executive Board versus Full Board.
Theresa Blancas will compile and type the final Conflict of Interest document and email it to Mark Erickson prior to Monday, August 5, 2013.
Agenda item for Monday, August 5, 2013 general meeting – vote to adopt Conflict of Interest Policy as compiled on July 27, 2013.
Julie Erickson obtain 2-3 Insurance quotes for Business Owner’s Policy (aka BOP), including one from a company that Susan Hernandez has previously used. Quotes will be presented for discussion and vote within the next 60-90 day
Theresa Blancas to collect roles and responsibilities document from Sarah Meraz.
Theresa Blancas to consolidate the Activities information into one paragraph and email it to Mark Erickson, with the Conflict of Interest Policy.
Theresa Blancas follow up with Coach De La Torre re Wish List Budget to be included with application.
Theresa Blancas will send an email to Executive Board Members regarding potentially changing our Executive Board meeting times to 5:30pm-6:15pm, with a possible location change. The meeting time change would begin for our next meeting, Monday, August 5, 2013.
Close of Meeting Vote:
Motioned: Susan Hernandez
Seconded: Julie Erickson
All in favor: Yes
Close of Meeting: 2:45pm